Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cooking and Crafting again....

Fix-It and Forget-It 5-Ingredient One-Dish Dinners  

Phyllis Pellman Good

The recipes in this book are fairly straight forward 5 ingredient recipes for the slow cooker. These are not super fancy meals. This are good old fashion get food on the table for a family meal. I liked the book, the recipes I could try. (Stupid tomato allergy...no tomato sauce or ketchup for me).
I also had a bit of trouble adjusting a few of the recipes for my smaller slow-cooker. If you are looking for a nice small cookbook for easy meals that do take 100s of ingredients give this one a try.

Received copy from NetGalley for honest review.






There is something so wonderful about casting onto a set of needles a gift for friend or loved one; this book reminded me of that. This book has 30 patterns that are a little bit of everything. Different textures and color work. Patterns for home, children, him and her.  There are patterns for all skill sets; I am usually an indeterminate however I am going to try a few of the advanced patterns in this book.. it is always good to push ones crafting ability. 

If you are looking for a few nice patterns to try give this book a chance.

 Received copy from NetGalley for honest review.


Beating the Lunch Box Blues

Fresh Ideas for Lunches on the Go!

J. M. Hirsch
On the dreaded question in my house every morning, what to do for lunch today. I am going to stop at QT on the way to work, or take leftovers from the night before, or am I going to eat the scary prepackage lunch meal that has lived in my desk drawer for at least 3 weeks. 

This book helps combat that question with easy, quick ideas to making lunch into a meal to enjoy not just something to get you through the day. This book had lovely recipes and wonderful pictures to motivate. I loved the idea of going out and getting a lunch box, instead of using the horrid brown bags or worst yet the plastic grocery sack.
I truly enjoyed this cookbook. 
 Received copy from NetGalley for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment