Friday, August 9, 2013

Cookbooks.......

Today I am looking at two different type of cookbooks.


Year-Round Slow Cooker 100 Favorite Recipes for Every Season by Dina Cheney

This is a hard cookbook for me to actually review due to it being summer and well most of the recipes for summer in this book having tomatoes in them. Vile, evil things tomatoes; stupid food allergy. However the book is well laid out as a cookbook broken down into all four seasons. Each season focusing of the veggies that are readily available during that time of the year. If you like using your slow cooker and need some new recipes thing is a good book to check out. However if you are like me and have a tomato allergy you might want to look somewhere else.








Bake It Like You Mean It by Gesine Bullock-Prado

This book is beautiful, well laid out, and wonderfully scary. I am a little intimidated by this book. The recipes are lovely giving both, weighted measurements and volume so no having to do conversions. The pictures are wonderful and the step by step pictures for how to put together some of the cakes are so lovely. Do I think I will break down and bake one of these cakes, maybe/maybe not. However, I just love looking at the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment