Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday, reading and other things.

Today was an interesting day. Woke up late (8am  shhh when you get up at 430 most days 8 is quite late LOL). Spent sometime feeding my inner geek playing some Rift. I then decided to go to the store for my bi-weekly meat run. Read a book. Made a new skirt for work tomorrow. Then cooked dinner. I made a few new things including strawberry-lemonade tiramisu. It was very yummy and quite a hit.

The recipe is from the Yummy Mummy cookbook I reviewed on good reads a few months back.

 The Yummy Mummy Kitchen: 100 Wholesome Recipes and Yummy Tips to Keep Your Family Healthy, Happy, and GlamorousThe Yummy Mummy Kitchen: 100 Wholesome Recipes and Yummy Tips to Keep Your Family Healthy, Happy, and Glamorous by Marina Delio
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a beautiful book. Trying to decide if it is a cookbook with pictures or an art book with recipes. If you do a meatless meal a week there are so many lovely recipes to choose from in this book. This book would make a lovely mother's day gift to the moms in your life. I have gotten so much out of this book. There are many recipes that are now staples in my rotation.


The next book I am going to look at is

Buffi's Dress Design: Sew 30 Fun Styles

Make It, Own It, Rock It  by Buffi Jashanmal

This is not a book for the beginner sewer. While the dress on the cover is deceptively simple looking, none of the designs in this book are. If you are a dressmaker  you will most likely already know this information; however if you are ready to move up to dressmaking from starch this might be a book you would want to look into. None of the 3 dresses in the book are my style so I will not be attempting them anytime soon so I cannot say if the designs are executable or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment