Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pick a Holiday to read about

Yes I know I have been slacking a bit, but it has been a busy week. So holiday books they can be good and they can be bad, and there are a few that you can read all year round.

The Secret Santa Wishing Well

This one is a sweet, almost too sweet holiday story. Jacob hates the holidays but thanks to a bit a "Christmas" magic he discovers love. Thanks to an ill sister and two adorable children. 
What can I say I am a sucker for sweet books with cute children in them. If you are looking for feel good warm the soul book, try it out. However, a little warning, this book has a few issues with editing, and some of it is hard to get through. 

Received copy of book from NetGallery for honest review.
 


Halloween: Magic, Mystery, and the Macabre  Paula Guran (Editor)


Time for things to go bump in the night. I love scary stories in the fall. Is there anything better than a that little chill that runs down the spine when it is dark outside. 
This book is a collection of 18 stories all about my favorite Holiday and I loved it. Gather your loved ones around and share a ghost story. 

Received copy of book from NetGallery for honest review.









The problem with anthologies is that one bad story can ruin the whole thing. I will say I really enjoyed Nightmare on Elf Street by Laura Levine. It was a great story with a lovely bit of mayhem.
 Mister Christmas by Fern Michaels seemed really rushed to me I know they supposed to be short stories but I have read many that are not as rushed as this one seemed.
The Yellow Rose of Christmas by Marie Bostwick. This is the one that was the hardest for me and I will be honest I did not finish it. I just did not like it.
Room at the Inn by Cindy Myers, this one was was a warm the heart and soul type of book. 
So if you are willing to read 3/4 of an anthology give this one a try to warm up on a cold Yuletide evening.  
Received copy of book from NetGallery for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment