Monday, September 16, 2013

Summer Reads and the joy of the escapism



Shadow Fall (Shadow #2)by 

I love to escape into a good novel, with a great world and I love series; even those that are 20+ books long. I will reread these series in binges sometimes. I will admit that I read this book before I read the first one in the series. That was a bit confusing however; after reading this novel I found a dark and wonderful world of 3 novels to fall into. If you like dark fantasy check this series out. Annabella is beautiful and bit unstable. Custo is strong, noble and sacrificing. 

Reviewed copy to review from NetGallery.

Fairy Tales have always been a love of mine. The old stories that have shaped the way we look at the mystical world around us. This book does not fail to deliver.   
This book called to the child in me that looks at a mushroom and sees a fairy door. That knows that elves still hide in the woods and that goblins come out at night. This is a lovely book to share with a child.

Reviewed copy to review from NetGallery.

The Old Magic of Christmas: Yuletide Traditions for the Darkest Days of the Yearby 

As humans we have always been a bit afraid of the dark, and what is more dark then Yule. This book is about the old stories and traditions of Yule. This book talks about the early pagan beliefs about the shortest day of the year. 
I really enjoyed this book because it looks at the roots of one of my favorite days in the calendar year. It is there anything better than curling up with a good cup of a hot drink, a good book and a flame to keep watch over for 24 hours.
Reviewed copy to review from NetGallery.



No comments:

Post a Comment